<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 16, 2008




CANCER JOURNAL - Bone Biopsy

To hear the test described is enough to send shivers down Mrs. Butterworth's bottle, but the reality was a heck of a lot easier than the anticipation. All I could feel was the first pinch of the Lidocaine. I didn't have to see any of the instruments used which were all kept behind me. It must be that I have healthy bones because getting the needle into my bone took several attempts with the medical hammer--seriously. It was done using a CAT scan, so I could see the picture of the needle penetrating my bone--or not penetrating it in this case. Pound on the needle several times. Shove the patient into the CAT scan and see if any progress has been made. Back to pounding on the needle some more. I could feel the vibration as the radiologist pounded, but nothing more. At one point I suggested he try a drill. The test was a cinch, and I feel better than I did before going to the hospital this morning.

Of course I put it all in God's hands, and must not discount His involvement. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" are miracle words that need to be on anyone's lips if they are facing an unpleasant situation. I highly recommend them. Especially after today!

I'll get the results Christmas Eve morning.

I've been having some back pain that started with a mattress that needed to be replaced, and was. I was recovering when I tripped over my grandson's baby swing, fell down, and the swing came down on top of me. Talk about a klutz...I've got a giant bruise to prove my status! About three a.m. last night when I wasn't sleeping, I started to think about this glamor shot and couldn't stop laughing--old lady on the floor with a baby swing on top of her. It's making me laugh right now.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>