<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 06, 2008




CANCER JOURNAL - Latest Scan Results

Got the results this morning. The cancer has once again disappeared from my breasts and lymph nodes. The bones, though, continue to look "funny" according to the oncologist. She says they have looked "funny" on every scan, and the "humor" has not increased any, which is good. The only way to know for sure is a bone biopsy, which I've refused so far because of my horrid experience with the breast biopsy. But in any case she is proposing I start taking an IV drug, Zometa, to address it. One side effect of Zometa is a slightly increased risk for blood clots. The other is flu-like symptoms. She also proposed starting on Taxol, as a hormone suppressant, which causes hair loss in 5% of patients. Since I seem to be sensitive to all of the cancer drugs, I presume I'll be in the 5%. In any case I have a month-long reprieve to get some energy back before starting on this next round, so I'm trying not to think about it now.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>