Saturday, October 11, 2008
A 6-STEP PROGRAM OF REFORM
The following are the six steps Washington Catholic is calling for to reform CCHD:
1. No grants are to be issued for 2008.
2. All monies collected will be placed in interest bearing accounts, such as CDs, Federal T-Bills, etc. These accounts must be safe and secure.
3. A complete revision of the grantee application process to ensure that only Catholic groups, in good standing w/ the Church, receive funds. Those in good standing are those that are pro-life, pro-family, pro-true marriage. No part of the organization must be pro-gay, pro-married priests, pro-abortion, etc.
4. Any Catholic group which has received funds and advocates a pro-abortion, anti-family, anti-true marriage, etc. position will be banned from receiving funds for a period of five (5) years.
5. All secular groups are banned from receiving funds.
6. ACORN and all her associates and subsidiaries will be banned forever from receiving funding from CCHD.