<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 28, 2007




CANCER JOURNAL - TEST RESULTS AND HAIR STYLES

Shortly before I left on vacation my oncologist ordered a bone scan in order to determine what had appeared on the bone scan last spring--cancer, arthritis, or evidence of chemotherapy. Today I got the results--nothing has changed from last spring. Meaning that most likely whatever is appearing on the scan is not cancer. Since I still feel relatively normal if I ignore the side-effects of the medication, I don't need to see my oncologist again till January.

Along with that good news my hair has finally grown long enough to cover my head. Last week on vacation I kept the wig in the suitcase and ventured out in public with chemo curls. No one's jaw dropped. I didn't notice anyone's eyes wandering repeatedly to my head. So apparently I look marginally presentable. Thank goodness considering that the hot flashes seem to be getting worse, and having a head covering of real hair makes the wig even more annoying.

In a couple more weeks I should have enough hair to present my hairdresser with the chemo curl challenge. Maybe she can think of something to do with it. I can't--I just try to avoid the mirror. I look like the offspring of a poodle that mated with a Brillo pad. But hey...it's goofy, but it's mine!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>