<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 25, 2007




CANCER JOURNAL

I've been reading through the material on coping with chemotherapy which my oncologist gave me at my last visit. It can be overwhelming. There are many side effects. It does look to me as though the human body is not meant to recover from cancer. These drugs are toxic, and we are playing with fire in taking them. Some of them can even cause cancer. Nice.

One caution in the literature has implications for a Catholic blog. Both of the drugs I will be taking have warnings that contraception is recommended. What is a married Catholic woman of child-bearing age supposed to do when faced with chemotherapy? What is an Orthodox woman supposed to do? To simply ignore the recommendation would be foolish in the extreme.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>