<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 18, 2007




MASS

It's been snowing so driving into downtown Akron seemed like a bad idea. We chose to attend Mass closer to home.

The deacon gave the homily. He actually said it: "God is within you." Then he went on from there to give the New Age gospel of you get what you give which he took from some reading or other about an echo, the author and source of which he didn't mention. He left out "don't be negative" but it was easy to infer the command from everything else he said.

The priest, a visiting priest at the parish, ad libbed all the way through Mass, including opening Mass with comments about the weather.

By the time communion rolled around I was in no frame of mind to meet Christ, so I didn't receive.

I made it to the end of Mass, so I've done my penance for the first week of Lent.

I have got to find someplace to worship.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>