<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 20, 2006




HOW ABOUT A LITTLE HELP ?

Some of my readers have requested that I add some positive blogs occasionally to offset all the negative stuff. An example of this might be the "why are you still Catholic" kind of thing, or "the Church does this really well" thing.

Frankly, I see a lot more negative stuff than positive stuff right now in the Church, so I could use a little help. If you're Catholic, or even if you're not, and you see something positive, how about adding a comment about it here and pick up everyone's spirits a little.

Let me see if I can get it started...I'm still Catholic because it would be impossible for me to give up Jesus Christ. For all that is wrong with His Church, there is still nowhere else to go for me, but to Christ. I can't imagine not believing in the Catholic faith story. Life would lose all meaning without it. Most of my thoughts and all of my actions proceed in some way from the faith I believe in. Sure, I screw up and fail to live the faith too often, but it is still always there as a faithful guide to what is right and good.

As frustrating as the Sunday to Sunday find-a-Mass odyssey can be, I know that there is a wealth of beautiful art and music inspired by the faith, that there are charitable institutions formed through the noble self-sacrifice of the saints down through the centuries, that the Catholic way of life faithfully lived can produce a culture that welcomes children and supports family life in cooperative living, that we have a rich and long history that is certainly spotted with the foibles of men, but is still redeemed by the grace of Christ, and that the Church will be here until He returns.

Now it's your turn...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>