<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 18, 2006




TODAY'S MASS EXPERIENCE

My pastor gave a short talk before Mass began today, as is his habit. The subject was Vibrant Parish Life II. He emphasized once again that some parishes are going to close because there are no priests, since the laity has not provided sons who are willing to dedicate their lives to the priesthood. And he said once again that parishes which are not supporting themselves will be the ones to close.

From the bulletin, today's "Deficit to Date (Fiscal Year 7-1-05) is $147,603.13. The "Minimum Needed Weekly" is $15,000, and last Sunday's collection was $9,161.50, making the "Week's Deficit" $5,838.50. Can he make it any plainer?

My husband and I talked about where we are going to attend church in the future. He suggested that I search the web for a parish. Let's see--what are the choices. The parish where the only Mass I attended was a jazz Mass? The parish I used to belong to until my faith was nearly gone? The church where I grew up, over in the next diocese where the remodeling has turned it into something that I actually find frightening? There are no choices for a place to worship.

I have been fighting to hold onto belief for 40 years. I think the modernists have finally won.

And I think I'm going to take this week off from blogging.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>