<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 25, 2006




OLD TESTAMENT PROPHECIES FULFILLED IN CHRIST

In Micah (or Micheas) we are told that Christ will be smitten on the cheek.

Micheas V:1 (Douay Rheims)

Now shalt thou be laid waste, O daughter of the robber: they have laid siege against us, with a rod shall they strike the cheek of the judge of Israel.


In Isaiah it was prophesied that He would be struck and spit upon.

Isaiah L:6 (Douay Rheims)

I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me.


Isaias began to prophesy ten years before the foundation of Rome. Micheas was his contemporary.

The Prophecies are fulfilled in Mark XIV:65 (Douay Rheims)

And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face and to buffet him, and to say to him: Prophesy: and the servants struck him with the palms of their hands.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>