<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 18, 2006




ALL GODS ARE THE SAME, AREN'T THEY ?

I was sitting across the table from a lady I had just met yesterday. Table talk can be strained among strangers. She brought up The DaVinci Code...had I seen the movie and had I read the book? Yes. Did I like it? The book kept me interested.

Well, what did I think about the story, she wanted to know; and I explained that it wasn't true; but she was buying none of it.

She told me that she was raised a Catholic, though I didn't get the impression she still practiced. She told me that to her all Gods (or gods) are the same. It didn't matter who you worshipped. She hadn't known that Jesus had children, though. She was pretty surprised when she read that and asked her sister who taught at a Catholic school. Her sister didn't think He had children either. But then she asked her next door neighbor.

That neighbor is a retired Methodist minister in his 90s. When she asked him and his wife if Jesus had children, they said yes He did, and they named the children. Trying to persuade her otherwise was a lost cause. She took the minister to be the man in the know.

Sigh.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>