<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 08, 2006




CAN A TARNISHED HISTORY BE OVERLOOKED ?

Tom Herron, over at Neocon Observer, has blogged Rod Dreyer's recent conversion to Eastern Orthodoxy, bringing up some of the past disagreements between Eastern and Western Christianity.

Since his comments box won't accept a comment from me, I'm putting my thoughts here.

There may be many reasons, historically, to see the Orthodox as the enemies of Roman Catholicism. I'm not disputing that.

However, today in the current climate in the Roman Catholic Church, the Orthodox have one thing that we sorely lack--solid concepts of the spiritual world. Conversely in Roman Catholicism, just suggesting that there is a devil who is active in the world is grounds for dismissal from the list of credibles in far too many Catholic circles.

Do politics trump spirituality? Or, as Catholics, should we seek truth in spirituality before anything else? My gut sense is that truth in spirituality will lead to truth in politics. For that reason I see the Orthodox as our allies in the current culture wars.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>