<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 25, 2006




DEUS CARITAS EST

Preliminary evaluation of Part I...

It's readable!

It's brilliant!

It's Roman Catholic!

It addresses the sexual abuse scandal like a dart hitting the bullseye. I wonder why the Associated Press found it non-controversial? I would think that a certain element in our culture would be screaming bloody murder about now. But then, maybe they don't get it.

Given its content, I'm also wondering who came up with the 30 lines novelty? I can't believe Benedict would object to being quoted. Surely he knows what he's got here.

Maybe I've done a lot of worrying over it for nothing, but I haven't read Part II yet so I'm withholding an opinion on the whole thing for the present.

(I wonder why no one caught that little error in section eleven, paragraph two. It shouldn't have gotten past the proofreaders. I think someone was dozing on the job.)



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>