<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 09, 2005




TRIAL OVER FOR SOLE PRIEST CHARGED

in the Philadelphia Grand Jury Report. Time ran out for the victims in the rest of the cases.

PHILADELPHIA - A judge broke down in tears Friday as she gave probation to a priest who had a sexual relationship with a student in the late 1970s.

"I've worried about this case for months now and I can't pretend to any one of you that I know what the right thing to do is," Judge Pamela Dembe tearfully said. "Where I get stuck is I don't know how to balance one very terrible violation against the 30 years that followed."

The Rev. James J. Behan is the only priest charged in Philadelphia since the church abuse scandal broke in 2002.


Continue reading...



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>