<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 09, 2005




CLEVELAND PRIESTS ACCUSED OF ABUSE

For several days I've been wondering what is the status of the priests accused of abuse in the Cleveland Diocese in 2002 primarily. There is only silence here, as far as I know.

Last night I visited the Bishop Accountability website's list of accused priests to see if I could learn anything. I found there the list of priests accused by diocese which is current as of 3/14/05. Scrolling down to Cleveland, I discovered that there are 39 priests accused in my diocese. Of these 39, three have been convicted, seven have been sued, and two have settled. What is the status of the other 27?

Since all of the dioceses were there, I decided to see how Cleveland compared. We rank fifth highest in number. Those with a greater number are:

Los Angeles - 199
Boston - 167
Rockville Center, NY - 43
Worcester, MA - 40

Oddly enough given the flap caused by the Grand Jury Report, Philadelphia ranked 8, tied with Springfield, with 27 accused each.

I wonder what is taking place behind the scenes in Cleveland?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>