<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 07, 2005




TAIZE

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable with this picture? These robed figures are kneeling, and there is something on the stage that must have symbolical meaning, but what meaning? There are candles apparently decorating it. Apparently there was song and prayer. Chant? Christian prayer? And there is all that red!

If I came upon that picture with no caption or any other explanation of what I was looking at, my first thought would be Druids and my next thought would be the Hieros Gamos in "Eyes Wide Shut."

Yeah, I know...the Pope approves of Taize, and so as a good Catholic I'm not supposed to be thinking this way. But there it is.

More Taize pictures. Not so creepy but certainly ecumenical.

Taize service at First-Plymouth Congregational Church.



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>