<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 20, 2005




A NATIONAL CATHOLIC PARTY ?

A reader sent in a link to this blog which asks Catholics to get involved with a Christian Liberty Party:

In September of 2004, Catholic author Steve Kellmeyer (who blogs at The Fifth Column) published an outline of what he called "The Christian Liberty Party". He seemed serious about it at the time, writing "I am interested in having this platform streamlined and clarified, so that it might become the basis for fielding candidates in the next election cycle."

I'd like to find out if Mr. Kellmeyer is still serious, and if he is open to taking this to the next level. I plan on sending him an e-mail, and I hope that other interested readers will do the same.

On the pro-life "right" we have the Constitution Party and the America First Party. These are defective on several levels, and their narrow appeal is not going to win many disaffected Catholics to their cause. However, I do think a Catholic-inspired platform - such as that suggested by Mr. Kellmeyer - can be broad enough to win the support of other conservative Christians looking for a political home.

If this idea interests you, please contact Mr. Kellmeyer with your thoughts.

posted Wednesday, 19 October 2005


I have more than enough to keep me busy just trying to find out what is undermining the faith and don't usually get involved with national politics unless the bishops are involved; but I thought I'd throw this out to the rest of you for comment.

The reader asked me what I thought of it. How about giving him your opinions?



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>