<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 22, 2005




MSGR. CLARK TELLS HIS SIDE OF THE STORY

CBS 2 has learned exclusive details of what may have happened between a high-profile monsignor and his secretary at a Long Island motel.

Monsignor Eugene Clark has kept a low profile since the scandal broke last week, but now says nothing improper happened in that hotel room.

You'll recall that Clark, the former rector at St. Patrick's Cathedral, is accused of having a long-running affair with his secretary, Laura DiFilippo.

In July, the two of them spent five hours together at the White Sands Motel in Amagansett, caught on video by a private eye hired by Laura's husband. But a source tells CBS 2's Tony Aiello that Clark insists nothing improper went on, saying they merely stopped to rest after a long lunch before the drive back to Manhattan.


Click for the rest of the story.

I think this is where Carrie says "Duh...how dumb does he think we are?" and Mark chimes in with yet another condemnation.

Perhaps silence is the better part of wisdom for everyone concerned?

Never being one to lapse into silence when I have an opinion--just one question...considering the present climate within the Church, did they get separate rooms for the sake of propriety, or were they more concerned about money than morals?

Oh, and maybe a couple more...Where can I find a priest to work for who will wine me and dine me, and arrange for me to work on my tan (assuming I had one) for an afternoon without my giving anything in return; and will I be paid for my afternoon of leisure out of the collection basket which presumably was also the source for the meal ticket and motel room? Do we assume that she had packed her bathing suit before leaving for lunch or do we assume she worked on her tan in the nude, in which case where exactly did she disrobe? If she packed her suit, then this must have been a planned stopover. At a motel. Nice! And the spy who caught this on tape was there because her husband was paranoid, right? I thought priests were supposed to have a modicum of intelligence.

Blogger credit to New Oxford Review.

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us!



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>