<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 06, 2005




WEATHER IN OHIO

The storm that dumped snow on Chicago has dumped icy rain on Northeast Ohio. It rained nearly all day yesterday. It rained last night. It is raining now.

There are icicles hanging from the tree branches, some nearly 6 inches long. It's heavy and the branches are hanging low. In my backyard a large limb from the neighbor's tree has fallen. There is a tree down in the yard on the other side of me, and large branches down in the yard behind me.

The power was off twice last night for a total of 3-1/2 hours. I found out how hard it is to read by candlelight. During the middle of the night I could hear the loud crack and rumble as branches fell.

It's hard to say how long power will be on here. One tumbling branch can take out the power to a large area.

Meanwhile Spirit Daily links this gloomy prediction (A "once in a generation" can't mean anything good.) for the next few days. It's so dark here right now that I have the lights on.





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>