<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 17, 2004




CHRISTMAS CARDS

Do you still send them? My list gets shorter every year. I'm getting the feeling this is a disappearing tradition. E-cards are probably an exception to the trend.

I went through the ones I have received the other night. Only one pictured anything mindful of the Nativity. The rest were secular. A good Catholic friend from whom I frequently receive forwards with Christian content sent a "Season's Greeting" (words only - no picture) card.

I can't remember a year when so few of the cards were religious.

A reader sent in a review of cards from Catholic League that is interesting. Donohue's conclusion? Only Christmas can be denigrated. Kwanzaa (especially) and Hanukkah are treated with respect.

On a more positive note, I was in Home Depot yesterday where the cashier said "Merry Christmas" as I was leaving. I took the time to tell her that I appreciated it.





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>