<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2004




MONASTIC INTERRELIGIOUS DIALOGUE

Here's the homepage.

I've finally gotten time to look at the links KAP posted in the comments box this morning. MID is linked on one of the websites, and she's right, it is seldom boring.

Take this MID website. Right there in their newsletter is an item from Christopher Bamford. Bamford is the editor of Anthroposophic Press, and the author of several Steiner books. I wonder what he is doing in a Catholic publication?

They link the Fetzer Institute, an organization that sponsors Anthroposophical activities. Arthur Zajonc, the president of the Anthroposophical Society, is a fellow of the Fetzer Institute. They link United Religions Initiative. And there are more odd links for a Catholic website.

On their resources page they review Cutsinger's book that I've been reading, _Paths to the Heart_.

On the book reviews webpage I found this:

The Mystic Heart: Discovering a Universal Spirituality in the World’s Religions by Wayne Teasdale. Foreword by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Preface by Beatrice Bruteau

That is basically the concept promoted by Guenonian (or Sufi) Traditionalism (Perennialism). It looks like they are just waking up to this new direction in interreligious activity. I presume we can expect more of the same.

There is "Fr. Zen" who is teaching exactly what religion is anybody's guess. Zen Catholicism?

Well, I think I've had enough for one night. Actually, I'm getting jaded. It's all just far too predictable, and it doesn't upset me like it used to. I wonder how the Church defines heresy these days? Oh that's right...they took that word out of the updated Code of Canon Law, didn't they? If I kiss a Buddha, will I get to heaven? Sigh.





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?





Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>